Thursday, November 29, 2012

Namaste!

I'm finally getting this up & running!

I'm making this primarily for myself (and hopefully others) to show the importance and excitement that comes with getting, being, and staying healthy, from all aspects.

For example: Spiritual health is just if not more important than physical or emotional health. One could argue the others are more important, etc. The goal is to balance them all to a point in which you are at your optimal health - which is my personal goal.

I believe a short background would be appropriate as a beginning post.

Physical
I'm 17, 5' 4", 138lbs with an approximate BMI of 23.
I currently have a vegetarian diet for a project, but will continue being an omnivore after this month is over.

Emotional
Although I have a semi-stressful life currently with my senior year of high school, I consider myself to be well emotionally. If I ever feel overwhelmed I have numerous amazing friends to talk to, as well as a loving boyfriend.

Spiritual
I love researching religions and spirituality. After feeling out-of-place with Christianity, I began to look at the wide variety of religions that the World has to offer, from various sects of Christianity, to Hinduism, to Baha'i (still a favorite), to Pagan faiths. I have currently found myself the most comfortable with Wicca (no particular group, just Solitary and Eclectic) and it's spiritual beliefs. There is so much to it, and I've only skimmed the surface, but I find myself more and more aligned with it.
I have meaning to meditate more, but can't seem to calm my mind enough. Practice makes perfect.. unless practice is nearly impossible.

Those are just the basics, and I expect them to change throughout the course of my life. That's ok. I'd love to find a point of balance between the three so I can have the feeling of being my healthiest.

Thank you for being to read! I'll hopefully be posting daily!

Namaste!
T. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment